Hard Drive help

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using

Mac G3
Max OS 10.2

My problem is that when I start my mac, i get the question mark over the folder icon. One day I may have deleted some folders that were important to the system, thought I was deleting things from OS 9. Either case I tried to start from my installation CD, and it doesn't show my hard drive there to select it. I've tried to reset the PRAM, I've tried everything I can think of, and still get the flashing of the question mark. I'm pretty sure its no hardware issues, It was working just fine, I'm thinking of may of deleted things I wasn't suppose to.

Reaction score
Hello Sjeremich23 and Welcome!

Is the question mark flashing? You may be able to get into the OS by holding down the option key before you power up the machine. Then just select your HD.

I hope that helps. This may be vague so please let us know if you need further help.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Also I was wondering if Diskwarrior would help in this case? And if they're sold in local retail stores. IF so would the latest DiskWarrior 4.0 work for my Mac G3? with the OS X 10.2? I'm trying to find the solution here to recover data from my harddrive plus actually get my G3 working again. I loved my G3 but now I have to resort to a pc, and I don't like pc's in general.

And if anything else might work that I haven't thought of, or looked up on google, or searched apple support. It takes money to go see a tech and I'm trying to avoid that especially since I don't believe it to be hardware issues, I still think it was something I may of deleted or something.

Thanks for any help.

Shane

Ask a Question