Hard drive help

Reaction score
So i have thrown 3 hard drives in my mac in 4 years...the last of which was today and it was because i shut it down in the middle of an update. Regardless it was frozen so i got another and put it in, and i am trying to recover my files off the other hd. The hd will show up in disk utility, and it even shows that the percent used is used and free is free. The problem is it shows no files, and it will not repair in disk utility. Any one have any idea how to get the files off this hd...i am pretty computer savvy, so i would be happy with any help, even if just terminal commands.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Reaction score
There's an apps called Data Rescue if you can get a hold of it may just do the job

Reaction score
You can try
Stellar Phoenix Mac - 99 Free Trial Preview of the recoverable files
DiskWarrior - 99.95
Data Rescue - 99

Reaction score
Disk utility sometimes cause problem even I was in same situation some days back. I called data recovery professional immediately & they suggested me not to use hard drive because more you use it less will be chances of recovery. So dear just stop using it immediately. I personally can recommend you Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery in this case.

Reaction score
Agree.

There is NOTHING special about Mac Hard drives, they are standard PC drives, you would have this problem with whatever system you put those drives in.

There is NO better option than a full backup, Apple provides Time Machine and Time Capsules. These work GREAT! and I have had no problems quickly and easily replacing drives in Mac which use these technologies.

If you didn't have a full current backup after experiencing drive failures, hmmm...

We use Data Rescue.
Still what a nightmare sorting though the recovery files, even if it finds them.

Ask a Question