hairline on display

Reaction score
Just turned on my Mac Book, have a very fine hairline going from the right bottom corner of the screen all the way to the top left corner. Part of my folders are invisible and a part of my right hand side display is black. The bottom is double and flashing. Picture attached. Any body know what it is and what I need to do?
MacHairline.JPG

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, that is a cracked screen. It looks like the "impact" point is in the lower right corner. You will need a hardware clamshell/screen replacement, which is not covered by AppleCare. I would recommend taking it to an Apple Store for further diagnosis and a repair cost quote.

Sorry for the bead news,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, that is a cracked screen. It looks like the "impact" point is in the lower right corner. You will need a hardware clamshell/screen replacement, which is not covered by AppleCare. I would recommend taking it to an Apple Store for further diagnosis and a repair cost quote.

Sorry for the bead news,

C
I had a bad feeeling I would not like the news. OK to work with it for a few days or turn it off until repaired? I am down in Florida on vacation and would prefer to have it repaired once I get back home.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the bead news,

C
Thanks so much by the way! I really appreciate your quick response!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...wish it were better news.

It should be OK to use as is, but movement of the display could worsen the situation and make it unusable. It shouldn't be a hazard, but you never know. I would power it off when not in use.

Enjoy your vacation,

C

Ask a Question