Garageband - My vocal track is shortened by system

Art

Reaction score
I took a musical track and lowered the key to -2, which I have done to others before. However, on this one, I lowered the BPM because the original one was too fast. Then I recorded the vocal track. Everything was fine until I was finished recording the track; a box came up that said "Analyzing Audio" and then proceeded to shorten my vocal track.
How can I fix this?
Thank you in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of GarageBand?
-How did you lower the BPM - with the Tempo track, or with the Editor window?

I am not too familiar with what you are attempting, but we'll see if we can figure it out with you.

C

Last edited:

Art

Reaction score
I have Yosemite, which has other issues, like when you boot up, the Apple logo comes up and a progress line is at the bottom as if it is still installing, then when it reaches halfway, you get the Desktop.
I have Garageband version 8. What I am trying to do is to record a track at a slower tempo than the tempo the original track is in. I did this through Open Master Track, because when I tried to use the Project at the bottom center, it froze. Then, when I slowed the tempo, I laid down my vocal. When I had finished laying down that track, there was a message saying "analyzing audio" and it automatically shortened my vocal track which now is not synchronized.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

The progress bar you see below the Apple logo during startup is normal. It is just showing the progress of the startup sequence. It is also normal for it to get to 1/2 to 2/3 and suddenly display the Desktop. No worries there.

I think you need to adjust the tempo in regions. This video may help:

C

Art

Reaction score
I don't know why my last response was not posted.
I think my OS is 10.10.7 - Yosemite
Garageband 08
I used the Show Master Track to lower the BPM.
Once I did that and tried to lay down the vocal track, at the end of recording and when I hit the play button to stop recording, the system said: ANALYZING FILE, and then proceeded to shorten it, which made it out of sync.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You did successfully post this before my response with the video:
I have Yosemite, which has other issues, like when you boot up, the Apple logo comes up and a progress line is at the bottom as if it is still installing, then when it reaches halfway, you get the Desktop.
I have Garageband version 8. What I am trying to do is to record a track at a slower tempo than the tempo the original track is in. I did this through Open Master Track, because when I tried to use the Project at the bottom center, it froze. Then, when I slowed the tempo, I laid down my vocal. When I had finished laying down that track, there was a message saying "analyzing audio" and it automatically shortened my vocal track which now is not synchronized.
Did you try out the tempo by regions from the video?

C

Ask a Question