G5 Help

Reaction score
I took my roommates computer in a awhile ago and got it back from the apple store with the CD drive needed repair as well as an airport extreme card installed. All worked fine for 2 days, then he couldn't get on internent or play DVDs. I decided to look at it and a DVD got stuck in the drive. I decided to restart the computer and now the computer stalls out during the looking for local disks. Please help, I really don't want to carry the hard drive into the store again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You could try holding the mouse button down during startup...should eject the disc.

Or, hold the X key down to force a startup from OS X.

C

Reaction score
Cory,
The mouse trick was great. DVD was released the holding down after the release started me up A-ok. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Anythoughts about why it's not reading the DVDs? Or internet not working??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
DVDs: Could be the drive has gone south, it's dirty, or maye repairing disk permissions will bring it back to life - that helped me once in that situation.

Internet: Run Internet Connect in the Applications folder. It may just have a corrupted prefs file.

Ask a Question