G5 1.6 Mhz

Reaction score
hi all
I face a problem with one G5 1.6 PPC with one of my customer .. he can't belive and in the same time I don't know how can I let him understand
any way ... the problem is:
I upgrade the ram to 2 GB 400 Mhz ( the origenal 333) kingstone and it is working fine ... after 2 weeks the fan run only once (only once) with high sound... may be the system need to update ( it is 10.4) but he think it is from the ram... after 2 days the computer sleep and shut down but it is not happen again... he said it is from hte ram and he is sure about it !!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
any way ... if any one have a logical reason for this ... may be I forgot my information about apple...
he made me confused... he called about 6 or 7 persons and told them ... every one told him story... I don't know.....
some one help me to clear my mind

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

Generally speaking you can use faster RAM in most Macs, and the Mac will just use the maximum speed it can use.

The 400MHZ chips should run fine.

You could send him to www.kingston.com and show him the RAM chip checker there, at least that will confirm the chips are able to go into that Mac.

Then you would need to use TechTool Pro and do a Memory test for him, this will show that the RAM is good/bad...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question