Fuji camera not transferring pictures thru IMOVIE

Reaction score
g'day
I have a fuji XP 30 waterproof camera. I have a macbook. Initially i installed software and photos transferred automatically straight to iphoto or i clicked on button that asked me to download photos off camera.
Now it wont do it.
All my photos are stuck on camera and theres one of me and nan and she wants one as she is very sick.
Should I delete all original installation. I still have cd installation disc.
Can anyone help me with this.
Also as I will probably forget to revisit this site, can u reply to (e-mail address removed)
thanks for your help
all the best
dave

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
G'day Dave,

Connect your camera then close any app which automatically opens, then open Image Capture which is in your apps folder and your camera should be detected. You can import whichever photo/s you need then.

In Image Capture Preferences you can select which App launches when a Digital Camera is detected.

Reaction score
Thanks Spawn.
done this
opened image capture
message comes up camera or scanner not connected
camera was definetely plugged in and i tried turning it off before connecting and having it turned on when i clicked on image capture
whts going on?
, all the best
thanks
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried iMovie?
1) Open iMovie
2) Plug camera
3) Turn camera on
4) In iMovie import

Reaction score
Thanks oldscribe
did as u said, got excited when i saw import from camera
then my own image in the photo booth popped up
so i tried it anyway
and now i have a picture of my ugly mug rather than the ones off my camera.
could it be a faulty cord or should i delete all original finepix software, re install and see if it works
i tried this once but maybe didn't download full program
thanks for any help
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi dave,

Before changing cables etc just want to ask if you have done the drop test on this camera? If not suggest you do.
Try from say 10cm and see if the battery door or card door open as this seems to be a fault and if under water will obviously kill the camera.
Fujifilm state that the camera can withstand drops from up to 1.5m.

Ask a Question