Camera

Reaction score
I recently installed a new hard drive in my Mac. with new OS. I now have face time. Tried it and it worked great but now my camera seems to have disappeared. I finally found photo booth again but still no camera. Any ideas as to where my camera is?

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. When you say "I recently installed a new hard drive in my Mac. with new OS", did you Erase and Format the drive, and then did a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of the Mac OS, or did the hard drive already came setup?

Reaction score
I recently installed a new hard drive in my Mac. with new OS. I now have face time. Tried it and it worked great but now my camera seems to have disappeared. I finally found photo booth again but still no camera. Any ideas as to where my camera is?
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have? = MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

2. What exact Mac OS are you using? = Sierra

3. When you say "I recently installed a new hard drive in my Mac. with new OS", did you Erase and Format the drive, and then did a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of the Mac OS, or did the hard drive already came setup?
Virgin install - I had a solid state HD installed by a computer tech co. And it was set up. I did not back up / recover my old hard drive because it was damaged and it would have taken one 200 hrs to recover.

Reaction score
OK, so from what you are saying, the computer tech company "set up" the SSD, with Sierra on it. One would think that would not "mess up" camera settings.

Ask a Question