Frozen macbook ????

Reaction score
Macbook.
Opened to use this morning and have the following on the screen. A sort of tab icon with a flashing question mark. ( ? )
Tried turning on/off and putting a cd in. Nothing works - all I have is this blank screen with icon and flashing ?.
Anyone have a clue?
Desperate,
Cheers,
LesJ.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi lesj and welcome to the forums :)

What OS version are you using? Try booting up holding down the Option key when you hear the startup chime. This takes you into Startup Manager and tell me what options show up. If your internal disc shows, click it then click the arrow to the right to continue booting.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the info.
Tried it and it booted up first time. Still do not know what caused this but your suggestion cleared it.
Thanks for the fast and effective help.
Cheers,
Les J

Reaction score
Hello guys,

We are also having the same problem and have tried holding the options key as you suggested but have had no success... we can see the cursor now, which we didn't see before, and seem to have lost the folder/question mark but don't get the startup manager no matter how patient we are.

We are using OS X if that helps. Any suggestions??? :confused:

Cheers & fingers crossed

Reaction score
Oh no...

We needed a whole new hard drive and lost all of our data since last back up. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen to you.

x

Reaction score
I did an update last night and now my Macbook won;'t load. It gets to the screen with the apple and the little circle that spins continues to spin and spin. I have tried to hold option and load from there to no avail. Any suggestions? I have my HD partitioned to load windows, and that loads perfectly so I do not think that the HD is bad.

ANy ideas????

THANKS!!!

Ask a Question