Formating USB Drives for transfer to Living Room Sony BDPlayer.....

Reaction score
Hi you guys!

I have a couple questions concerning the Formating of USB Drives for a Sony BDP-S6700 Blu-Ray Player. We just replaced our Blu-Ray Player and are now noticing that when you bring the USB drive into the living room and plug it into the SONY BRP, it NOW displays (2) versions of the movies. One with a underscore_ and one version without. The underscore_ version does not play (No Playable File!)..... The version without does play. I am wondering if this has something to do with the formating of the USB drive, since it never use to do this. Note: When you load up the USB Drive, there are NOT (2) versions viewable on the USB on the MAC..... But these appear when you load the USB Drive on to the Sony BDPlayer.

Attached Screen Shots:

1. See Send 1:
Disk Utility- This is what OS 10.14.6 Mojave offers. I have alway used MS-DOS (FAT).... but it now also puts in the (2) Versions on to the USB drive in the living room. If you have several versions on the USB Drive it get confusing!

2. See Send 2: This is how it appears on the MAC when loaded up..... Note: only one version. By the way, what is "buda"?

3. See Send 3: A photo of what comes up on our new Sony BDP.....Note the Underscore_ version as well as the version that actually plays.

Is there anyway to alleviate this issue in the future?

Sincerely,
Reesche

Attachments

• SEND 1  Formating.jpg
    SEND 1 Formating.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 118
  • SEND 2  Buda.jpg
    SEND 2 Buda.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 114
  • SEND 3.jpg
    SEND 3.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 124

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seen this with USB drives that have been mounted on a Mac. Those underscore files are related to thumbnails and/or Spotlight. You can try a handy app I use called USBclean. It removes all Finder/Mac-related "hidden" files and then ejects the flash drive. I use it all the time when creating media drives to connect to my A/V system, and my truck's audio system.

Not sure what buda is or where it came from?

C

Reaction score
I want to thank you Cory for turning me on to USBclean...... I will try it soon and let you know if it got rid of the _underscore files.

Reesche

Reaction score
Cory... tried it and it does work! It removes all the _underscore junk. 1. Load the USB drive up. 2. Then, drop that drive onto the USBclean window and it does it and ejects the drive. $10.00 software Reesche

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent. Yeah, works well for me. There used to be a different app that was free, but it doesn't work with recent versions of OS X/macOS.

Well worth the $ in my opinion.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question