Folder Names Question ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Not too important, but running out of space on Desktop.
Lots and lots of Folders.

Any way to just have the Folder Name displayed ?

Not the second or third line that has the Number Of Items, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
I have a solution to that, create a Folder on your desktop called Desktop Stuff and put everything on your desktop in that.

Then you can display the contents as an alphabetic list or by date added/modified, or even as icons if you prefer. You can create subfolders for type of files. The resulting Finder window is scrollable and has unlimited space, unlike the Desktop. You can even use the search box to locate files within the folder.

Reaction score
I agree with Rodanne on this and I recommend that to all of my clients I even use folder name that he suggested :)

I go one step further though. After you create the new folder and put everything in it, I would then move the folder into your Documents Folder, and then create an alias to that folder and place the alias on your desktop.

What this extra step does is it makes sure that you don't accidentally delete the folder with all of your documents in it. If you delete the alias, you can just create another one from the original folder which would still be in your Documents Folder

Ask a Question