Flash Video never fully loads (Safari, Firefox, etc...)

Reaction score
I've been having this trouble recently on my macbook, connecting through Airport to the router that was supplied when I signed up with my FiOS internet... every time I go to any page with a flash video (which is often) the video will either not load at all, or it will load the first 15 - 30 seconds and stop loading completely. :mad: I'm suspecting it has something do to with my ISP, I recently moved and got the new Verizon FiOS internet service which has been wonderful until now, considering I had only ever had dial-up.

I don't know if it may be related, but whenever I'm surfing online, I will click on a link and instead of responding, the status bar will say that it is "Loading http://www.digg.com" but will not go through... The odd thing is, if I click on any link on the page and click "Open in new tab," both the new tab AND the page that was "loading" will instantly load. :eek:

This problem has been getting progressively worse and it's getting REALLY annoying. Does ANYONE know what could be going on? Any help would be great. :)

Reaction score
Does the problem you describe appear with all browsers you've tried? From your thread title, that seems to be the case.

Another thing you might check is the QuickTime settings. Go to System Preferences > QuickTime > Advanced > Mime Settings > Miscellaneous. Is the Flash option checked or unchecked? Mine is unchecked.

If you've done any recent updates on your system, have you also run Disk Utilities and repaired your disk permissions?

Reaction score
Does the problem you describe appear with all browsers you've tried? From your thread title, that seems to be the case.

Another thing you might check is the QuickTime settings. Go to System Preferences > QuickTime > Advanced > Mime Settings > Miscellaneous. Is the Flash option checked or unchecked? Mine is unchecked.

If you've done any recent updates on your system, have you also run Disk Utilities and repaired your disk permissions?

Yeah, It started in Safari and I've also tried Firefox with exactly the same results.

I went into the Quicktime settings and the Flash option was unchecked... should I try selecting it?

I repaired the disk permissions... didn't help.

This is really frustrating...

Ask a Question