Videos load then stop playing / flash player not working properly

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a brand new Mac and this is what's happening:
- ALL videos on the internet, no matter what browser (I'm using Firefox and Safari and have tried Chrome as well) load normally but after about a few minutes of playing with no problems, the video will stop loading and will not continue to download the content at all. Instead, the 'loaded' slide bar of the player will indicate the video is fully loaded even though it is not. It will not play again unless I refresh the page
- The problem does not occur for YouTube videos

I am using a WiFi connection but I'm sure the problem lies within my Mac as I have 2 other PCs at home and they both load videos perfectly fine.

When I first got my Mac, it had this problem already but when I installed the ClicktoFlash extension on Safari, the problem was eliminated for all browsers. However, after a friend installed a few programs on my computer, the problem has returned. I think it may be a third party video player of some sort interfering with what the ClicktoFlash had fixed before so I have uninstalled everything my friend had installed that I thought might be causing the problem but so far nothing has worked.

I've also tried installing Flip4Mac and that has not made a difference.

I have AdBlock installed already for both Safari and Firefox.

All plugins and software is up to date and are the latest versions including the extensions mentioned, OSX, and Adobe Flash player. I have tried installing an older version of Flash and that did not help either.

Please, I would greatly appreciate any help as this problem is VERY frustrating as I watch many online videos!

Reaction score
I think it may be a third party video player of some sort interfering with what the ClicktoFlash had fixed before so I have uninstalled everything my friend had installed that I thought might be causing the problem but so far nothing has worked.

Did you also delete all these programs Plist files? + check you have the latest Flash player installed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 00.42.56.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 00.42.56.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 361
Reaction score
I have the latest Flash player installed as mentioned.

I have now deleted the Plist files and it seems to load for about 30 minutes before stopping now which is an improvement but the problem is not completely fixed.

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok so things are a little better, first reset permissions go to your applications folder > utilities > disk utility > Macintosh HD > First Aid and click the second box below that says Repair disk permissions.

It will not take long, once done close and try a video, if things have not improved then delete the flash player cache folder in your home directory (Library > Caches > Adobe > Flash Player)

Do not worry after restarting Safari 5, Flash recreates the Flash cache folder.

Ask a Question