Flash player will not install !!

Reaction score
G5 Powermac OSX 10.3.9 Cable
I have no idea what happened. I now get an error message indicating that I am missing the flash player to view pages. I have been directed to three sites to download the Shockwave, Macromedia, and Adobe flash player. I follow the instructions but the plug-in fails to install. I've used Inernet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox browsers but still no success. I've turned off Norton AntiVirus and AutoProtect. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Anybody can help?
(e-mail address removed)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

it is a bit confusing at the minute... Adobe bought Macromedia so you should download it from here.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

it is a bit confusing at the minute... Adobe bought Macromedia so you should download it from here.

regards

Ric
Thanks for the site, I've already used it. I'm really confused. (I don't know how I screwed up to lose the plug-in & now I can't get it back!) I have downloaded the plug-in from the Adobe Download Center, using both Safari and Firefox. The result is the same. The circular scenario goes something like this: URL: "additional plug-ins are required to view this page..Click here to download plug in" . . after download and install, message is: "Conclusion: no plugins were installed: failed." Then I try manual download and install; installation appears successful . . .but same Adobe Download page returns indicating I'm still missing the plug-in:( confirmed by both Safari & Firefox. Downloading is fine--I've got a desktop full of flash player and shockwave installers! The problem appears to be with the installation. I've checked my browser preferences (I think they're OK). I don't know what else to troubleshoot. . . .

Reaction score
Hi Tom :)

As well as Ric's suggestion, you could try navigating to Safari in applications, right click on it and "get info" and see if "open using Rosetta" is ticked. If it is, then untick it and restart Safari.

Then, have a look in Safari preferences under the security tab and make sure "use plug ins" is ticked. Then, "reset Safari" to get rid of all cache items and restart it.

Any luck?

Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same problem as Tom! I tried Ric's and Kyomii's suggestions and neither worked. I am already o.k. with Safari preferences and Rosetta. How do I get the Mime plugin? Did Tom ever get the problem taken care of?

Thanks!! Sue

Ask a Question