flash player 9 help

Reaction score
alright sooo im on a Mac OS S 10.4.10, and it has an intel processor, and for some reason, i cant open anything or view anything with flash anymore. a couple of days ago, everything was fine, but suddenly, the next time i opened a video, it said i needed to download it again. so i went to the adobe site, downloaded it, clicked on the download bar, and everything was fine. but after it was done, firefox popped up again with the adobe sight, but the yellow plugin bar came out, and said i could not view the flash on the page cuz i didnt have the flash plugin. so i clicked on the install button, and after the loading it would say that the download failed, and i should install it manually. that link would lead me back to the adobe site, and i tried this 20 + times. i even downloaded the flash uninstaller and tried again, but nothing seems to work. i still cant open anything! :( anyone have an answer to my problem?

Reaction score
Once you download the file, you should quit your browser(s). Then mount the dmg file and proceed with the installation. It will correctly install that way. You can verify if it's correct by going to the root level of your drive > Library > Internet Plug-ins > Flash Player.plugin. It'll be version 9.0.98.0. Also if you use Dreamweaver, there should a similar copy in its plug-in folder.

Ask a Question