SOLVED Fixed programs per desktop change constantly on MacBook

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I own a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2015 with version Catalina 10.15.5.
For years I have had no problem with fixing specific programs per desktop, but since I got this MacBook, the programs constantly change desktops.

For example, I always have my browser on the first, Illustrator on the second, and the program I use to speak to clients on my third desktop.
The first never changes, but Illustrator and the other program switch desktops every single time I click on them. I have done reboots, I have deleted all my desktops and rearranged them, but nothing works. The program for work wants to be on the second desktop and Illustrator wants to be on the third. I have no idea why.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug?

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I assume you are talking about Mission Control > Spaces? If so, do you have Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use enabled?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I assume you are talking about Mission Control > Spaces? If so, do you have Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use enabled?

C
I sincerely hope this is the help I needed! I have just disabled this function. I have had no problem with all my previous MacBook Pro's. I will let you know !

Ask a Question