Firmware Recovery and Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using a MacBook Pro with the dual operating systems, (Vista and OSX)

I need to repartition my Mac side of my MacBook but the instructions on the Mac website don't work. I've burned the recovery file from another Mac but it won't work when it goes into my Mac.

Holding down my power button, like what the website says to do, makes the LED blink 3 times really fast then a long sound. Putting the CD in during that does nothing, I've set my Startup Disk as Mac so my windows doesn't go on by default either.

Thanks

Reaction score
Oh and I should add, what happens when I try to start my Mac side. It goes to a gray screen, with some code or something in the top left corner. Then a darker gray tint overlaps the screen and says to "Please restart your computer." in like 5 languages.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
G'day Frisky_Dingo,

Could you post the link to the Apple webpage as I don't really want to advise until I know the full scenario ...

Reaction score
hi..
are you ready for risk?
reinstall Mac OS .. select upgrade or archive and install.. after that reinstall windows.. use repair option...
all this in case only if your computer didn't start at all

Ask a Question