Firmware password

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time here so I hope I get this right. My question is I'm installing HIDDENAPP and it suggests adding a FIRMWARE password but I don't know where to find FIRMWARE to add a password. HELP!

Reaction score
You will have to boot from an MacOS X install DVD and under the Utility menu is an option to set the firmware password. There are options and remember what you password is as resetting it can be more than a bit of a challenge. I am a Apple Certified Mac Tech and have only had to do this once and depending on the mac, shorting out a couple of pin/pads on the logic board. So write it down and put it somewhere where you will remember!

Reaction score
Thank you for the help but you said "shorting out a couple of pin/pads on the logic board." Does this mean that I can possibly cause some damage to my Mac? Maybe HIDDENAPP isn't a good item to use?

Reaction score
I can't stress strongly enough DONT add a firmware password.

OSX has lots of other security features that can be enabled if they must, but this is not one you want.
If for any reason you don't have this password you've probably bricked your Motherboard.

Ask a Question