Finder preference question

Reaction score
All of a sudden, my new finder windows look like this (see attached screen shot). How do I get rid of the window on the right side? I can't find a way to make it go away (and I don't know what Apple calls it, making it harder to figure out how to make it go away)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.27.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.27.38 PM.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 257

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try this, hover your mouse cursor over the area where the two sections join, where the slider is & see if your cursor changes to a line with 2 arrows pointing away from this line, this will allow you to resize that section. If you can, drag all the way to the right so the window to the right disappears altogether. Bit hard to explain but see how you go.

Reaction score
Well, yes, that works no problem, but each subsequent new Finder window I open still has that right sidebar in it. Until just the past hour, that never happened. I don't know what changed or how to make it NOT have that right sidebar by default.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you checked in Finder Preferences for clues how to set it up just how you want? I'm still using 10.7.5 so my Finder window doesn't have that new feature ...

Reaction score
Yeah, I poked around in there and in the View Options, but couldn't find what I wanted.

Reaction score
Oh, I figured out it's called "Preview". I turned Preview on and off once in the View menu and that seems to have fixed it.:)

Ask a Question