Finder often can't see files on my iPhone

Reaction score
If my iPhone 6S+ is plugged into a recharger next to my iMac, sometimes I can access its files to drag and drop a book to an e-reader. But usually I can't. I can always do that if I connect it to my iMac using a USB/Lightning cable.

I like my charger that has a place for my watch and AirPods, and would like even more with a charger that didn't require lightning when I upgrade my phone.

Why is wireless connectivity so unreliable here?

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Normally that is symptom of Wi-Fi interference, even though it is near the iMac. Also, the Wi-Fi sync can be a bit finicky at times, which is why I always use a direct cable connection for syncing music and photos.

If it is a third-party charging "station", I wonder if it could be affecting the connectivity. What happens if you don't use that charger, and simply connect the iPhone to a standard Apple brick/cable - perhaps on the opposite side of the iMac?

C

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
It is a third party (Condido) recharger. I haven't tried using an Apple charger. I guess I could try both an iPhone and an iPad charger to see if power matters. My interest is that I'm buying my wife some model of iPhone 12 and eventually a MagSafe charger to hold it and her watch and hope that will be sufficient for synchronizing.

Ask a Question