SOLVED How To Navigate Finder When Uploading

Reaction score
If I am using finder to upload a file, how do I get to the parent of that folder?
For instance, if I upload. a file from one folder, then have to upload another from the folder above that, I can't seem to navigate 'up' to that folder.
There are back and forward arrows, but these do not function for me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Here are a few ways to navigate in Finder windows:
-You can right-click/Control-click the folder name title bar of the Finder window and a drop-down will appear to navigate the hierarchy.
-In a Finder window, click View > Show Path Bar in the menu bar. That will show a path "breadcrumb trail" at the bottom of the Finder window to help navigate. You can then click on those locations in the breadcrumb trail to go to that folder/location.
-You can change the Finder window view to show in columns instead of icons or list views.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Thanks, but that doesn't work.
Although I can change the view in the upload panel, I still can't navigate to an upper folder.
The left/right arrow buttons are greyed-out.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

Which application are you using to upload files? You may be in an open dialog box:
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.32.51.png

If that is the case, you should be able to click where the arrow is pointing to navigate.

C

Ask a Question