Favorite Key shortcut

Reaction score
Well the title speaks for itself, I feel like posting a stupid but discusive thread :p

My favorite Keyboard shortcut is cmd+Tab because when I'v got multiple windows and need to get to the one at the back, sure it's easy to hit F9

(as i just did when trying to hit the 9 key but hit F9 and still typed away but was typing nothing :D )

but cmd+ tab then tab then tab got the prog i want at the back then click the safari which is underneath the now active program :)

Yes I know i'm stupid but what's yours? :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
I suppose from years of working in programs such as Quark and creating stuff on My Mac's; my most used and possibly in a perverse way my favourites are "cmd S" and "cmd Q" and "power key...return"

in essence "Save", "Quit" "turn off" .......pub !

There are so many, they are certainly my OS 9 "keys", I will have to think of my favourite OS X "keys"

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Option-G

Gives you this: ?

As in, "Copyright ? 2005 Cory Cooper. All rights reserved."

-- or --

Command-Shift-3

Screen capture (invokes Snapz Pro X from Ambrosia Software instead...if you have it)

Reaction score
I also like option-shift-K

?

hmm doesn't seem to come out when i post it :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Just to resurrect an old thread...

This is not technically a favourite key...just the opposite.

I like the fact that on my laptop I can turn 'off' the caps key...handy when typing, for some reason I always seem to accidently catch it.

capslock.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
where can i learn all the keys like command.... i am a new puter person that knows very little about the keyboard and what the different keys mean....so please someone help thanks sara

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

there are various shortcuts for all programs...there is a general list here.

If you look at the menu's when using the mouse pointer then you will see little symbols next to a lot of the items these are the 'shortcuts'...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question