Extra Screen Blurry!

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using an extra screen for a few weeks with no problems, but yesterday while cleaning the keyboard I must have clicked something that has caused the extra screen to be blurry. Not only that, but now both my laptop and the extra screen are displaying the same thing, which kind of defeats the purpose! Before I could move documents from one screen to the other, which makes it easier for me to use one for research and the other for writing. Can't find any relevant info under spotlight or elsewhere and in the meantime I'm getting a headache! Thanks for any suggestions.

karazelle

Reaction score
It is possible the screens refresh rate have become less than optimal. Go to System Preferences and display. Most flat screens wants to have a refresh rate of 60hz (they don't really have a refresh rate), while CRT monitors wants the hz to be as high as possible (80+ for your eyes).
Another factor to bluriness is low resolution. Make sure your Macs display is set to the highest listed resolution. For the extra monitor, you might need to experiment a little.

Finally, go to System Preferences and the Universal Access/Accessability panel. Make sure everything like Zoom and so on is turned off.

karazelle

Reaction score
Also always remember to only clean computers with a damp, not wet, cloth :)

Ask a Question