Free app to extract files from itunes backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I need to extract some of the messages from my iPhone 7 as my kid got them deleted. I have backed up the phone with iTunes. However, I don't want to fully restore the device from that backup. I only need to restore several messages. Please suggest me a free app to do that. Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There isn't a way to restore only messages from an iTunes/iCloud backup.

I don't know of any free applications that will do that, but there are a few paid ones. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with any of them, so I can't really recommend one.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There isn't a way to restore only messages from an iTunes/iCloud backup.

I don't know of any free applications that will do that, but there are a few paid ones. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with any of them, so I can't really recommend one.

Sorry,

C
Thanks, mods. The paid one is a bit expensive for me. Actually, I tried two of them and they actually worked. However, the trial version is only able to extract a few ones.

Reaction score
I need to extract some of the messages from my iPhone 7 as my kid got them deleted. I have backed up the phone with iTunes. However, I don't want to fully restore the device from that backup. I only need to restore several messages. Please suggest me a free app to do that. Thanks

it seems that is no free app can extract itunes backup files because itunes backup file is an readable file format, but there are many paid software may work. like iseepassword, aiseesoft and fonelabe..
source: https://www.iseepassword.com/best-iphone-backup-extractor.html

it seems that is no free app can extract itunes backup files because itunes backup file is an readable file format, but there are many paid software may work. like iseepassword, aiseesoft and fonelabe..
source: https://www.iseepassword.com/best-iphone-backup-extractor.html

Thanks, I will consider it as an option. BTW, does it support the latest iOS 11?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'm surprised, why do you need some free app of iPhone data extractor ? you have backed up your iPhone data with iTunes , you can just export these deleted data to your iPhone from iTunes ,or not recover anything ,

I'm surprised, why do you need some free app of iPhone data extractor ? you have backed up your iPhone data with iTunes , you can just export these deleted data to your iPhone from iTunes ,or not recover anything ,
https://www.mobiledic.com/ios-topics/iphone-backup-extractor-mac.html
Maybe my tone is a little too certain, but it will never be difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
As I know, there is no free app to extract files from iTunes backup files. Most of them are not free, such as Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor. I tried it before, it can help us scan out iTunes backup files for free, but need to buy for the data ectracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question