External hard drive

Reaction score
I’m after an external plug and play cd/dvd player but there are too many to chose from and don’t want to purchase the wrong one. I have a 2020 MacBook Air. I also want to mix/create music so I’ll also be transferring all my music cd’s onto an external hard drive using the MacBook.
Any advise?
I’m UK based

Reaction score
I’m after an external plug and play cd/dvd player but there are too many to chose from and don’t want to purchase the wrong one. I have a 2020 MacBook Air. I also want to mix/create music so I’ll also be transferring all my music cd’s onto an external hard drive using the MacBook.
Any advise?
I’m UK based
U.K.? No problem. You still have Amazon. Look through their offerings, and you may find reviews that can answer some of your questions. The main advantage to getting it from Amazon, I’m sure Amazon UK have similar policies as the US, is their liberal return policy. I’m not one to abuse it, but I have on many occasions returned items to them for the simple reason that they didn’t work for me. You can even post questions about the product if they are not answered in the product description or in the reviews.

As a matter of fact, I did purchase a CD/DVD player from them and ended up returning it in favor of a Blu-ray player instead. It also plays CDs and DVDs.

Reaction score
U.K.? No problem. You still have Amazon. Look through their offerings, and you may find reviews that can answer some of your questions. The main advantage to getting it from Amazon, I’m sure Amazon UK have similar policies as the US, is their liberal return policy. I’m not one to abuse it, but I have on many occasions returned items to them for the simple reason that they didn’t work for me. You can even post questions about the product if they are not answered in the product description or in the reviews.

As a matter of fact, I did purchase a CD/DVD player from them and ended up returning it in favor of a Blu-ray player instead. It also plays CDs and DVDs.
Thanks for that Tony. The one you ended up buying sounds perfect to me especially the blu ray aspect. Which one was it. If Amazon uk doesn’t have it I can easily order from the US.

Reaction score
Thanks for that Tony. The one you ended up buying sounds perfect to me especially the blu ray aspect. Which one was it. If Amazon uk doesn’t have it I can easily order from the US.
I checked my orders history on Amazon and it came up but the unit is no longer available. It was the TopElek 4K External Blu-ray Drive, USB 3.0. However no compatibility issues came up and I had shopped around (Amazon) for a better solution and for the longest time I had the Pioneer BDR-XD07UHD unit in my wish list… until I learned about the Xbox One S 500GB Console for my 4K TV. I don’t really use the games, but it can play 4K Blu-ray disks.

I can still use the old TopElek for basic CD and DVD burning, and it’s pretty much all I need for the Mac. You should check out the Pioneer unit. Although I never had a chance to get my hands on one, it’s still my top choice for the kind of tasks that you seem to require. They may have a newer model as well.

Ask a Question