Event Sync

Reaction score
I would like to receive my mail at my office, at home, and have the ability to get it on my iphone. I have set up all my devices to be able to do this and leave the email on the server, except for the office. Once I get the mail at my office, it is removed from the server. It is a system that works well for me. At my office, Using Apple Mail, I get my email every 5 min automatically, and then it is them deleted from the server.

Being not so smart, sometimes I forget to quit mail. If mail is left open at my office, it continues to get mail every 5 min and delete it from the server. When that happens, of course, I can't see my mail until the next time I get to my office. In entourage, there was a way to only get mail 5 days per week during business hours, but I haven't found it in Apple Mail.

My way around this was to make an applescript to quit Apple Mail. Using an event in iCal, it is run at 5:30 every day. It works fine. However, using MobleMe and sync the calendar that it is on (it is the only thing on that calendar) is sync'ed to my computer at home as well as my iphone. So every day I get an alarm on my iphone about quitting (which is very annoying) and an error message at home about not being able to quit.

So the simple question is: is there a better way to do what I am trying to do? A more complicated question is how do I NOT sync one of the calendars at my office with my iphone and other comps on mobileMe. I see the choice of syncing ical or not, but I can't find where to sync some calendars and not others.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I agree with you Apple needs a way to Sync only certain calendars

I would use launchd to activate your script
I have not learned how to use it yet but maybe now is a good time to learn
having same problems on some of my scripts that are activated by iCal

type: man launchd in a terminal window or just google it to learn more.

Ask a Question