Entourage

Reaction score
Hi there,

My friend is having a problem with recovering his email from Entourage. His Mac died the other week and he was able to get all the data back, but now that he has installed Entourage he cannot get back his mail archives.

The way it is stored (for those who don't know) is in one file (the database file) and it is 4GB in size. It is very important that he gets it back because there are important emails in the file.

After speaking to him on the phone, he tells me that he has tried manually moving the file to the correct directory where Entourage should see it, but it does not work.

Are there any experienced Entourage users out there who have had the same problem?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I haven't used Entourage in several years, but I used to swap settings between my computers. Entourage keeps its databases in Documents > Microsoft User Data > Office 2004 Identities (I'm assuming that's the version your friend is using). Messages, addresses, etc. will be in the folder Main Identity.

Ask a Question