Entourage recovery?

Reaction score
Hi, Iam brandnew here and just started a few months ago on MAC. In Entourage I pressed the "Empty deleted items folder'-button, expecting only to empty this folder. However all my mail, except inbox and sent is gone, including all my folders.
HEELLP! Can anyone help me out? Is this correctable or am I in deep ****?
Hope for a positive respons

Reaction score
Hi, Iam brandnew here and just started a few months ago on MAC. In Entourage I pressed the "Empty deleted items folder'-button, expecting only to empty this folder. However all my mail, except inbox and sent is gone, including all my folders.
HEELLP! Can anyone help me out? Is this correctable or am I in deep ****?
Hope for a positive respons

The empty deleted items folder should have emptied only that folder -- unless your other folders were moved there. It appears that might have been the case, since you described all other folders were gone. Did you have a back-up of your Entourage profile? You could restore your mail from that back-up. I don't use Entourage any longer, but I seem to recall that in your user Documents > Microsoft User Data > Office 2008 Identities, you will find your Entourage back-ups.

Reaction score
The empty deleted items folder should have emptied only that folder -- unless your other folders were moved there. It appears that might have been the case, since you described all other folders were gone. Did you have a back-up of your Entourage profile? You could restore your mail from that back-up. I don't use Entourage any longer, but I seem to recall that in your user Documents > Microsoft User Data > Office 2008 Identities, you will find your Entourage back-ups.

Hi Edigio,
thnx for your reply. I don't have a back-up, planned to do so, but a bit late. In the meantime I discovered that my mail is not lost, however all my folders are gone and names are changed: one example: 2161.vRge08Message. Right now I have a new folder with all these messages in it. I want to change to mail in stead of entourage. I don't know how to get these messages imported in mail? When I try to import he only recognizes entourage-messages or msbox. Both don't work.
Hope you have an idea?
Rob

Reaction score
Apparently it's simple to import from Entourage to Apple Mail. I've never done it, but read you can simply drag your Entourage mailboxes to your desktop. Once there, go to Apple Mail and use the import function in Apple Mail to bring back those Entourage mailboxes from the desktop. You might simply try to drag the mailboxes from the desktop to Mail to see if it works. Let us know how it goes, please.

Reaction score
Hi Edigio,
I thought it was simple & easy too. However, since my Entourage mail was deleted, it changed from extension. Meaning, all the folders I used to have are gone, the names of the mails are gone. In a dark corner of my Macbook a friend of mine discovered my mails, but renamed and -more important- not recognised as mail by entourage nor by mail. So there is no way of dragging. Unfortunately I have over 3.500 mails I want to restore. The only possibility I have now is opening them one by one , replacing them in Entourage and from there importing them in Mail. What I hope is that there is a way to do this automatically. The same friend I mentioned tried automator, but that didn't work.
By the way, he thinks the reason I have this problem is because I unintentionally dragged my folders one day in the deleted items-folder. Everything functioned well, so I didn't notice that. But when I emptied the deleted items, I also threw away the folders inside this folder, meaning about all the rest of my mail.
Anyway, hope I was clear enough about the nature of the problem.
I really hope you can help me with this.
thnx for trying anyway
Rob

Reaction score
Are you looking to restore corrupted entourage well then you take assistance of entourage recovery software which is the best way to recover all kinds of data including mail folders. Get it installed and withing few seconds , you have your entourage recovered.

Reaction score
If you have an updated backup, then restoring should not be a problem. You can try to rebuild database using 'Database Utility'. In case you are looking to try some third party tool then tons of Entourage Repair solutions are available online. Try a free demo and see what works for you.

Ask a Question