entourage inbox help

Reaction score
I have a question about entourage. I would like to know if there is a way to seperate your accounts into seperate inboxes? I have 3 email accounts coming into my entourage. I have 2 personal gmail accounts for different purposes and 1 work account. Currently my entourage seperates them into 2 inboxes. This is because the 2 gmail accounts are POP servers and they come into the first inbox and the work email is an exchange server and it comes into its own inbox. I would like to seperate my second gmail account out into a third inbox. This way I have my mail seperated out and I do not confuse my accounts. Is there a way to do this??

karazelle

Reaction score
GMAIL supports IMAP as a connection method instead of POP. You could consider going into the GMAIL settings and enable it on one or both accounts. Then you need to recreate the accounts in Entourage.
That will effectively make the account function similar to the Exchange account (although much smoother, yet imap isn't as advanced as Exchange featurewise).

Another option is to create a folder and use rules. I strongly suggest the IMAP route, as then the mail will actually remain on the server and it also keeps track of what mails are read and allows multiple logins from different systems. IMAP is an industry standard that Exchange and Lotus Notes are conceptually based on/similar to.

Ask a Question