Emails slow to load

Reaction score
All of a sudden, my emails are taking several minutes to load. The titles load, but when I click on an email to read, it takes at least 4 - 5 minutes for it to load to screen. I am using standard Apple email, and Monterrey 12.6 on an iMac 27. Any clues?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • How many email accounts are setup?
  • How many emails are in the inbox(es)?
C

Reaction score
Hello,
  • How many email accounts are setup?
  • How many emails are in the inbox(es)?
C
Thanks for your reply. I only have one email account. The number of emails vary from 1 to 30. This is just a recent development, within the past few weeks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Dpending on how your email account is setup, there are few things you could try. Of course, it is always recommended to have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data.
  • Who is the email provider?
  • Can you login to your email account via a web browser and see all of your emails?
  • Do you store any emails on mailboxes in the On My Mac section of the Mail application?
  • Do you have any mobile devices that have the email account setup, and if so, do they load normally on it?
C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Dpending on how your email account is setup, there are few things you could try. Of course, it is always recommended to have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data.
  • Who is the email provider?
  • Can you login to your email account via a web browser and see all of your emails?
  • Do you store any emails on mailboxes in the On My Mac section of the Mail application?
  • Do you have any mobile devices that have the email account setup, and if so, do they load normally on it?
C
My email provider as well as internet/tv/home phone, is Xifinity. Yes, I can do that without issue. No email storage, I read 'em and either save them or dump them. I have an Iphone 13 with email set up. No probs with that loading promptly.

Ask a Question