email HELP

Reaction score
I am trying to email some pictures to my sister. I cannot remember my password to the mac mail account. I have never used it. Can I change the email default to my google account? If so how? OR . . . . is there anyway to retrieve the password for my Mac mail or set up a new mac mail account?

Reaction score
You may be lucky and find it hear. sorry its all I can do to help.
How do I recover a password I forgot for a website or email account?

If you forgot a password to a website or for your email, your Mac may have remembered it for you. Open the Applications folder then the Utilities folder, then launch the application Keychain Access. Your login keychain is where your Mac safely stores passwords when you ask it to “Remember this password.” It sometimes saves them even when you don’t ask it to. Scroll down the entries and double-click the password you want. Then select the Show password checkbox at the bottom of the window. Enter your keychain password (by default, the keychain password is the same as your user account password when you first created it.) Type it, and click Allow Once or Allow. Your password for the selected service will appear at the bottom of the window.

Now you see the importance of choosing a good login password—it’s the key to all your other stored passwords as well.

Ask a Question