Either a Snow Leopard problem or a stuffed HDD?

Reaction score
Hello first time poster here,
My beloved mid-2009 13" MacbookPro was being pretty buggy, it kept freezing and then a message came up telling me to restart it. The problem kept getting worse so I saved all my files elsewhere, completely wiped the hard drive and then went to re-install Snow Leopard. It would get about a third of the way through and then say that it couldn't find some file or other (I can't remember the name). So I pretty much had to take out the disc drive to get the installation DVD out, and tried my sister's instead, but a message comes up that OSX Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this machine. Do I need to get a new hard drive, or can I buy Lion and see if that works? My Snow Leopard disc was destroyed in the extraction, and I'm pretty much at my wits end.

Reaction score
You need Snow Leopard installed to buy Lion.

You need the correct DVD to install from, either the full Retail version or one from the same model. If you don't have access to either of these then I suggest you take it to a Apple Service Centre near you.

Ask a Question