Dropbox and 'available storage space' problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade the OS on my MacBook to Monterey. I limit what I keep on the local drive and keep a huge majority of my files on Dropbox. I regularly go through them to ensure that those I don't need are set to 'cloud only' sync (I have a lot of videos). There is really not much locally, 277MB on the desktop according to 'get info'.

I managed to download Monterey but it's telling me it can't install because there is not enough space available:
Macintosh HD 121.02GB total 30.16GB available

I have set 99% of my dropbox to 'Cloud only' but when I click the apple it says I have 387GB of documents ??

Can anyone explain what's happening here?

TIA

Attachments

• Image 01-07-2022 at 14.39.jpg
    Image 01-07-2022 at 14.39.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Image 01-07-2022 at 14.45.jpg
    Image 01-07-2022 at 14.45.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hi,
I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade the OS on my MacBook to Monterey. I limit what I keep on the local drive and keep a huge majority of my files on Dropbox. I regularly go through them to ensure that those I don't need are set to 'cloud only' sync (I have a lot of videos). There is really not much locally, 277MB on the desktop according to 'get info'.

I managed to download Monterey but it's telling me it can't install because there is not enough space available:
Macintosh HD 121.02GB total 30.16GB available

I have set 99% of my dropbox to 'Cloud only' but when I click the apple it says I have 387GB of documents ??

Can anyone explain what's happening here?

TIA

Hello Sarah,

Have you contacted Dropbox help yet (https://help.dropbox.com/)? I would try them first. I think I know what is going on (I use Dropbox a LOT) but I am a little leery of suggesting what to do; I would rather leave that to the experts.

Carl

Reaction score
if you have a gmail account google supply 15gig storage free on google drive
i use this for some time now and found it excellent.

Reaction score
i recently acquired a s/hand macbook pro 2016 model it came with a drive complete reset for clean install.
followed new setup and the latest macos was installed.Any files i wan on it from google drive i can download via a link i create and send to the email address i wish to use.
I'm a new real green mac user.

Ask a Question