Doesn't turn on, wakeup sound plays

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running a 2014 macbook pro with some Intel dual core (2.6GHz i believe).

The machine recently got some issues that it would, for example, just randomly reboot a lot of times or that the sound drivers didn't work until i reset P&V Ram.

Now I turned it on, it worked briefly, then shut off / went to sleep. No matter what I do, I can only get one response from it: holding any key results in the waking up sound playing, periodically with some delay between.

The same goes for holding the power button, when i try to force it to shut down. Battery is fully charged.

Does anybody have ideas on how I can attempt solving this?

Thank you all!

Edit: I updated to the latest version of MacOS from a few days ago. I believe there has been an update after which I didn't install yet, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Minor update: i left it open and it now periodically makes the wake up noise (not starting noise) by itself.

Edit: it keeps trying to wake up when closed as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tested a bit with my external hard drive and it does power on and remains spinning after i try to turn on the laptop. When I told the power key to turn it off, it stops spinning as well.
The screen is working, when my battery ran out, it showed the charging symbol upon attempting to power it on.
I really hope this somehow helps finding a solution.
No backups are available.

Ask a Question