Display settings

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 27 inch 1080p HD samsung monitor to use with my 2011 13inch macbook pro but having difficulty in setting the right resolution. In mirror mode the screen is blurry but if i use it as 2 monitors with the macbook its a lot better quality. Can anyone offer me any help please?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

When using mirroring, it will always be "blurry," as it is matching the resolution of your MacBook Pro. The MBP has a maximum resolution of 1280x800 (native) and most Samsung 27" LCD displays have a maximum resolution (native) of 1920x1200. The only way to make the image quality the same using mirroring, would be to use an external display that has a native resolution of 1280x800...same as the MBP. When running as a second display, both run at native resolution.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello Cooper

Yes this does help me thankyou, i thought it would be a lot simpler having had macs usually work out problems for me so much appreciated. I'm using it as 2 monitors instead and dragging my canvas in from Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm having some problems with these now, do you use any of these programs? I basically want to have the program tool-bars at the top on my Samsung monitor where as i can drag the program window in but not the toolbar at the top. this is the same for all programs.
right now I'm using Firefox as my browser writing this on my Samsung monitor but the Firefox toolbar is stuck in my MB pro. Is there anyway just to have the whole thing running on my Samsung? Its not a big deal is just irratating having to go back and forth from the 2...

Many thanks for your help (this is all new to me :S)

Ask a Question