Display larger than Screen

Reaction score
Yesterday I did something (I don't know what) which made all the program displays and even the Desktop, larger than my screen. The display therefore overlaps the sides of the screen so that part is always hidden, until I move the cursor towards it. I have looked at System Preferences and have restarted the computer, but can find nothing to help.

Any suggestions?

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to mac-help.com!

Sounds like you have zoomed in on your desktop. To zoom in and out, hold down the control key and "scroll" up or down. You don't say what Mac you have, but on a MacBook you use two fingers on the track pad to zoom.

If that doesn't work, check your system preferences under trackpad (or mouse), to see if the control key is the one selected. You can turn off the zoom feature there, too, if you want.

Please let us know if that solves your problem (or not). Very handy feature, I use it all the time!

Ask a Question