Disk Image Issue

Reaction score
Okay. So I'm working on a system that the OS got corrupt.

So I took an image of it using Disk Utility. After taking the image, I went in on a different system and mounted the image file and checked to ensure that the image went through fine. It did, I was able to see the files in the user folder fine.

Now, after wiping the hard drive, installing a new operating system, I was able to successfully transfer over the user profile and the applications. But when I logged into that user profile and attempted to open... say Mail or Contacts, it would come up with an error saying it crashed. However when I log out of that user and log in to the original user I set up when I installed the OS, I'm able to open the applications perfectly fine in that user profile.

I removed the user on the system so I could attempt to migrate the user again. Same problem - unable to open most applications.

I remove the user one last time, so I could attempt to create the blank user, then just transfer the files over.

I created the user, but when I go into the image to pull the files, the user file is blank. On the image. That hadn't been "modified" since I initially took the image.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the wrong versions of the Apps, are you sure you've done all the updates?

Ask a Question