Disaster! Please Help ! SOS SOS

Reaction score
Trying to fix a problem on my MacMini, running OsX 10.5, I deleted the file /library/intego/virusbarrier.bundle and now I cannot launch anything at all: applications, web, nothing works. I tried to put the file back, but the Library directory is locked. I cannot reinstall the system because my DVD drive is broken. What can I do to put that file back?Is it possible to unlock the directory?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you know the Admin name/password you bring up the Get Info window of the locked Library folder and change the permissions temporarily so you have read/write privies but don't click the "apply to sub-folders" box. But really that folder is locked for a very good reason, you could mess up your System big time .. best make a back-up somehow if you can at all before messing about in the Systems folders. Make sure you revert the permissions afterwards too.

Ask a Question