Horrific Disaster!

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an iMac running Tiger 10.4.7

I heard about bootcamp, and thought great! I can install WinXP and have best of both. Well, now I have nothing. My mac will not start at all - I just get a black screen with a flashing line (like a minus sign -) at the top left of the screen.

I've tried several things - first I held down option key to see if I had option to start up in OS - the option wasn't even there! I've tried holding down the shift key, which didn't make any difference, Apple + S/V and again nothing.

I am terrified that all is lost. Does anyone have any ideas or advice (apart from forgetting windows)?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Which exact model of iMac with specs?

Which version of Boot Camp were you using?

Did you follow the steps in the Boot Camp Assistant exactly?

C

Reaction score
I followed the instructions to the letter (had printed them out), I'm not 100% sure of the specs etc as I am doing a reinstall of OS - the entire drive was wiped clean:confused: , the only thing I can think of is there is something wrong with the drive itself...After reinstall of OS will try bootcamp again to see how it goes.

Ask a Question