SOLVED Delet

Reaction score
I'm trying to clear some space on one of my external HDs. I've been trying and trying to delete files, going through various frustrating methods unlocking, locking etc.

The deleting involves 88 folders, of the 88 folders there are sub folders within each of the 88 folders!!!!!! (I'm anal about filing everything away clearly) to add to that all the 88 folders are in one large folder marked clearly Z Old hard Drive, which is the folder I'm failing to move to the trash and jettison into the unknown. Whatever I do I keep getting the following message below as I attempt to move The whole kit and caboodle to the trash.

The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again.

Come back the old days when deleting files was easy, I've fond memories of accidentally wrongly deleting files in error, well not really!

Could someone please help?

Cheers

Reaction score
I'm trying to clear some space on one of my external HDs. I've been trying and trying to delete files, going through various frustrating methods unlocking, locking etc.

The deleting involves 88 folders, of the 88 folders there are sub folders within each of the 88 folders!!!!!! (I'm anal about filing everything away clearly) to add to that all the 88 folders are in one large folder marked clearly Z Old hard Drive, which is the folder I'm failing to move to the trash and jettison into the unknown. Whatever I do I keep getting the following message below as I attempt to move The whole kit and caboodle to the trash.

The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again.

Come back the old days when deleting files was easy, I've fond memories of accidentally wrongly deleting files in error, well not really!

Could someone please help?

Cheers
In order to lock or unlock multiple files at once, select all, then ⌘-⌥-i will open the get info window for all items. Click on the box labeled “Locked” and that will toggle all selected items to be locked or unlocked. You may have to do this to each folder.

Ask a Question