"daemon" folder

Reaction score
Hi

I'm fairly new to macs and have been installing a remote control app we use in the office called netsupport manager.

The mac client for NSM installs and runs ok for 30 days after which it says that the trial version has expired.

I've spoken to the authors of NSM and they've said that I have to put a copy of our licence key file (nsm.lic) in the "daemon folder on the Mac" and then restart the Mac.

I've scoured the Net but can't find any reference to a daemon folder. Can anyone give me any pointers? :)

Many thanks

Clive

Reaction score
Hi

I'm fairly new to macs and have been installing a remote control app we use in the office called netsupport manager.

The mac client for NSM installs and runs ok for 30 days after which it says that the trial version has expired.

I've spoken to the authors of NSM and they've said that I have to put a copy of our licence key file (nsm.lic) in the "daemon folder on the Mac" and then restart the Mac.

I've scoured the Net but can't find any reference to a daemon folder. Can anyone give me any pointers? :)

Many thanks

Clive
Hello, If they meant the LaunchDaemons folder, it should be located in your Hard Drive's (Not yours) Library. :)

Ask a Question