SOLVED Create new contact issue

Reaction score
Every time I try to create a new contact on my Mac's Contacts app, I press "+" and start entering data. Then that window closes, and I scroll down to see a new "new name" contact. I edit that to get the contact I want.

Why does it do that?

Reaction score
That's definitely not what should be happening. Have you tried restarting your Mac? That might help.

Also, try checking for any updates for your Mac or the Contacts app in the App Store. Maybe they have fixed this issue in some of the later updates.

Reaction score
It's been happening for a long time, with restarts and upgrades of my MacOS. I think the Contacts app is part of MacOS updates.

Reaction score
Then there might be an issue with the Contacts app's preferences file. You could try to reset it. To do this, you'll need to:
  1. Close the Contacts app.
  2. Go to your home folder (the one with your username), then go to Library > Preferences.
  3. Find the file named "com.apple.AddressBook.plist" and move it to the desktop.
  4. Restart your Mac and try adding a contact again.
Remember to backup any important data before making these changes. If it doesn't resolve the issue, you can always move the .plist file back to its original location.

Ask a Question