Converting .pcx files to .jpeg files

Reaction score
Hi,
I have received 400+ .pcx image files from someone, which I have to use ToyViewer to open one by one for viewing (since Preview is unable to open .pcx files).
But actually I need to send these 400 images to a friend so that he can view them all at once (say in Preview), and so I would like to convert all the .pcx files to another file format like jpeg.
How do I create an AppleScript (or Automator Application) to automate this task, since otherwise it will take me hours to open each pcx file (one by one) in ToyViewer and export it as a jpeg file.
Thanks !

Reaction score
Is ToyViewer scriptable? If it is, then yes you may be able to write a AppleScript to do this.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
GraphicConverter should be able to convert them. In addition, it's basically a shareware version of Photoshop that many people prefer, at only $39.95 / €34.95 for the full version. It's one of the highest rated shareware apps of all-time.

I have been using it since at least version 2.x back in 1997, when it came on floppy disk and was for Mac II or higher! Thorsten Lemke is the best and fastest responding developer I have ever known, and I have actually worked with him directly back in the early 2000s on a few issues causing specific crashes.

Check it out and try the demo before buying,

C

Ask a Question