Connection Fault

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but here goes.

Sometimes if not all times when I put my Mac to sleep then rewake it the phone/connection icon in the menulet is spinning saying disconnecting and never stops.
I go into internet connection and click disconnect but it still says it's disconnecting
and never stops. :mad:

This really annoys me because the only way I can regain my connection is to restart
the computer and was wondering if there was a command in the terminal to force quit the disconnecting process?

I think it's because I put it to sleep while the connection is still Live and it cause conflicts or something but I assumed that it quickly disconnects before going into sleep mode???

Any advise would be appreciated. :D

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

I would just try disconnecting before you put your Mac to sleep to see if it confilcts then. Then when you wake, reconnect.

Sounds like it cuts the connection off too abruptly and the port "hangs".

Cory

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking and I usually do that, but sometimes I forget or I'v got my mac set to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Just a thought, Has this happened, before or after any updates 10.3.8 for example...

Was it ever stable ? Or has it always been this way ?

Reaction score
Ric said:
Just a thought, Has this happened, before or after any updates 10.3.8 for example...

Was it ever stable ? Or has it always been this way ?

Always been that way

Ric

Reaction score
Let us know if the driver update, and OS X 10.3.9 update has any effect ?

USB ADSL Modem, Mac OS X and Wanadoo don't seem to play nice together, (more the USB Modem than anything !)

Ask a Question