Conditional folder action workflow

Reaction score
In my line of work I get a lot of files with the extension ".html" automatically downloaded to certain folders, and upon downloading, I have a folder action workflow that automatically starts and runs a certain program, opening up the ".html" file for editing. I have it all running sufficiently well, except the workflow will run no matter what file is downloaded automatically, be it an image, sound file, etc. It's usually only ".html" files, but occasionally it will also pull a separate image file, or I might pull one manually to group it with the other ".html" files in that specific folder. Having very little knowledge of automator, and even less with apple script, I was wondering if someone knew of a way to have the folder action evaluate the file extension, and if it didn't fit my criteria, then to not bother running the workflow. I'm used to working with excel, and a simple "if" statement would work beautifully, but my limited knowledge prevents me from setting this up. Is such a setup with automator/applescript even possible, or am I wasting my time?

Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Question