CD Won't Eject

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iBook G4. Operating on Mac OS X, Version 10.4.11

I have tried everything to eject the CD.

drutil tray open
drutil tray eject

I've tried restarting and holding down the mouse button. I've tried restarting and writing on that weird screen "eject cd". It just made a lot of noise and then wrote "ok".

I've held down the F12 button.

I've even done the command option O F. There was another one... Option and two other letters...O and and another one I think, but I can't remember what letter it was. But I found it in Mac help.

When I go to the disk utility or iTunes to "eject" it in either of those places, it doesn't even recognize that I have a CD in my CD player.

I'm stumped. What can I do. Please help!

Whenever I turn on the computer it makes lots of noise like it's trying to eject the CD.

Thank you!

Reaction score
You have have to take it in to a repair shop it is possible your drive died with the cd in it. You have tired everything I know

Reaction score
What does that mean...My drive died? Is that expensive? I bought my computer in November 2004, is that something that will be covered under some sort of extended warranty? Can you explain what that means?

Thank you!

Also, should I just take it to an apple store? Where would you recommend?

Reaction score
An extended warranty generally covers 3 years. Maybe you're still under the warranty. A phone call to Apple would tell you that answer.

Reaction score
Hi Need help
I tend to agree with Egidio it does sound a bit like cd drive issues. It is certa`inly not the end of the world, After only 3 years I would be very surprised if the drive itself has failed. Any reputable computer store should be able to help you if it is just a case of removing the cover and physically checking the drive. I should check to see if you have an extended warranty or Applecare cover begore doing anything else.

Ask a Question