CD stuck - mac tries to eject but the cd won't come out

Reaction score
I have a macbook and I burned a cd in itunes last night, but now the cd won't eject. Everytime I try to eject it, the computer registers the command and tries to spit the cd out but the cd doesn't spit out and instead it just goes back in and the computer re-runs the cd. The computer recognizes the cd and the drive is obviously still working but the cd simply won't come out. I've tried to eject it using itunes, disk utility, holding down the mouse button when I restart the computer and doing the terminal drutil tray eject. Everytime it is the same result - the computer tries to eject it but the cd won't pop out. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried;

Turn mac upside down as you try and eject (as macbook you could hold over head).

Small tweezers or thin nosed pliers to pull disk out, that is if enough shows sticking out.

Does this disk have a label stuck on it?

I have had this problem many times with this kind of drive, same can happen in a MacMini that uses the same type of CD/DVD drive, Found turning on its side or briefly upside down does the trick in most cases.

Ask a Question