CD-Rs not recognised in MacBook

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MacBook running OS X 10.4.11 with a "MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857D" drive. Recently, when I put blank CD-Rs in, it isn't detecting them, either on Finder or iTunes. I don't think it's a hardware problem as the drive still detects and plays dvds, music cds, written cd-rs and burning to dvd-rs works fine. So basically it's just blank cd-rs that are the problem.

The problem started recently after installing the latest iTunes version (7.6), so I wonder if it's a bug with that?

Thanks,

Pete

Reaction score
My father has the same problems with his MacBook when it comes to reading some discs. All of my CD-Rs from Sony, Fujifilm, and Memorex work perfectly fine, but certain retail discs fail to read. Just a few hours ago, I had to make a copy of the purchased software disc using my iMac, just to get his Mac to recognize the disc. Unfortunately, I believe the problem is an issue with the optical drives used in the Apple Notebooks.

Ask a Question