CBT.... Help!!!

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a student pilot and I have been given a CBT CD for the aircraft I am to be trained on. However my mac cannot read it! Which is going to be a bit of a problem when it comes to exams as I won't know anything about the aircraft.

The files on the CD are .exe / .ini and .inf

I believe the CBT files are some-sort of Macromedia type format. The idea is the cd goes through the aircraft systems talking about them as you go. (there’s normally lots of pictures with moving bits in them)

Dose anyone know how I can run this on my mac? (I have a Intel Macbook, OS X)

All help much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Ollie,

That's a bit of a pickle, but not too much. The files that you have mentioned are Windows extensions and as a result won't run on a Mac. But never fear, you have one of them Intel Macs and as a result it is easy for you to run Windows concurrently on your Mac. Take a look at VMware Fusion or Parallels, see which you like. I've heard good things about both. Either way, you will need a regular copy of Windows to install. There are a few similar products out there I believe, if you want to look around.

Ask a Question