Cascading Errors After Upgrading to El Capitan

Reaction score
I just upgraded my Mac Pro (2010) from Mavericks to El Capitan.

Everything appears to have gone smoothly — except I keep getting an error message (see attached image) pop up on my screen that says: "An error occurred. Couldn't remove Helper App (2) from launch at login item list."

error.png

I don't recognize the icon in the error message and searched my Applications for a match to the icon in the error message, with no luck.

Here's a screenshot of my Login Items:

Login 1.png

Login 2.png

NEXT: I removed all login items — except for one, which would not delete, WD Quick View. As you can see, the minus is greyed out:

wd quick view.png

I used the Uninstaller that was in my Applications folder to uninstall WD Quick View, but it's still in my Login Items and the errors continue.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Just restarted my Mac Pro.

So far, I'm not encountering the error message.

However, the WD Quick login still won't delete in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That icon looks like it is from iSmartClock from the App Store. Did you purchase and install that app? It hasn't been updated since 2013.

I do see you have numerous Login Items. Some of them may be out of date or unsupported in El Capitan. I strongly suggest that you verify El Capitan compatibility for all of those Login Item applications. That may be the reason that you cannot delete the WD Quick item, as part of it may have been removed during the install of El Capitan into a Incompatible Software folder.

C

Ask a Question